Carne Con Papa (Cuban Beef and Potatoes) with Barbaro Mojo Cuban Hot Sauce
Spicy Carne con papas with Barbaro Mojo Cuban Hot Sauce.
Carne con papas is a classic Cuban dish with slow-cooked beef chunks and tender potatoes in a flavorful beef-tomato broth. For some kick, uses Barbaro Mojo hot sauce in the recipe to add a layer of flavor. This spicy sauce is made with a blend of Habanero peppers, garlic, and other spices, giving the dish a bold, tangy flavor. The slow cooking process infuses the beef and potatoes with rich, savory flavors, making this dish a hearty and satisfying meal. Often referred to as a "meat and potatoes" dish, Carne con papas is typically served with white rice and is considered the epitome of Cuban comfort food.
- 1 lb beef chuck roast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Barbaro Mojo Cuban Hot Sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef cubes and cook until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Stir in the El Havanero Cuban Hot Sauce and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, bell and peppers to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the beef is tender and the vegetables are cooked to your desired tenderness.
- Season the carne con papa with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy the added heat and flavor from the Barbaro Mojo Cuban Hot Sauce.